St James College offers a dynamic and innovative curriculum with flexible curriculum access structures that have the capacity to meet the diverse needs and interests of our learners.
The world of work after senior secondary school is changing fast.. As a result young Australians need to be prepared…
A 15 year-old today will likely have a working life spanning five different careers and around 17 employers.”
[Gonski, “Through Growth to Achievement”, March 2018, p.47-48]
Our New Generation Needs
- Broad and different mix of skills
- Strong problem-solving
- Digital Skills
- Creative Thinking
Therefore, our College offers an extensive curriculum and support program tailored to meet these specific needs and is designed to support all students at all stages of their learning.
Our Curriculum Vision
- Strong focus on inclusion, advocacy and social justice programs
- Strong focus on Academic and Vocational Training Outcomes for all students
- Student-centred, Pathways and Careers focus
- Intervention culture – we look for opportunities for enrichment, extension and connection with community and industry partners
- Understand the importance of connections with business, community and industry
- Provides opportunities for students to apply their knowledge and skills in real-world situations
- Offers flexible ‘stackable’ modules that combine different skills to build a student’s readiness
- Teaches help students respond to a rapidly changing workforce demands
Years 7 – 10
The Middle School Curriculum encompasses Years 7 to 10. To ease the transition from primary school and based upon the latest understandings of the needs of students in the middle school, Year 7 & 8 students engage with learning in our Board Program.
Year 9 and 10 students select subjects from our broad offerings and are aimed as preparation courses for senior. All students complete a combination of mandatory and elective subjects.
Years 11 – 12
In the senior school, St James College offers a very extensive and flexible Senior School Curriculum. Students are able to study a combination of General, Applied and Vocational Education and Training (onsite or externally). We create bespoke pathway opportunities for all students and the subjects that we have on offer are reflective of this. St James College provides opportunities for students to transition into University, TAFE and/or the workforce beyond school.
St James College has a supportive Teaching and Learning Department which aims to promote inclusive practices within the St James learning community so that the diverse range of learners can successfully access the curriculum and participate in the life of the college.
The College employs Guidance Counsellors who assist in tailoring each student's individual study program and personal development.
Exams & Assessments
Click here to view the upcoming Exams and Assessments Schedule.
- Teaching & Learning
- Curriculum Overview
- Middle School (Years 7-10)
- Senior School (Years 11-12)
- Subjects Available
- Vocational Education and Training
- Teaching & Learning Support
- Exams & Assessment