Domestic Enrolment FAQ
Answers to all of your questions about enrolling your child at St James College.
- It has been recommended that I try to enrol my child at St James College. Can you tell me about the College and what you are able to offer?
- How do I know that St James will meet my child’s need for either extension work or learning support?
- I have heard that you are a school only for students with special needs?
- What systems are in place to ensure a safe and caring environment for my child?
- I am concerned that I won’t know what’s happening to my child now that she/he is in secondary school. How are parents kept informed and what is the best way to communicate with the school?
- When do you start interviewing for places you offer for Year 7?
- I’m happy with all the information I have received in your College Prospectus. What do I do now?
- Is the $200 enrolment fee refundable?
- When can we come to see what you have on offer?
- My child is more interested in a vocational pathway rather than an academic pathway. What do you offer?
- My child is academic and wants to go to university. What do you offer?
- I am confused by the range of subjects offered to my child. How do I help him/her make the best choice?
- I notice that you don’t seem to have any sporting grounds. My child loves sport, can you offer any sort of sport?
- How will my child get to school? We live in an outlying suburb.